From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: "Matthew Summers; CEO, Liquidus Tech, LLC" <matthew.summers@××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o, Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>, Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation Inc Trustees - Adjourned August Meeting
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:08:49
On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 13:03 -0500, Matthew Summers; CEO, Liquidus Tech,
LLC wrote:
> > We do need both, but I do think that tsunam will be more than able to > handle these things, given the level of commitment he has already > demonstrated over the years.
Then explain why no action has been taken in months regarding a bank account. He might have been active in past years. But presently he is MIA. He has the lowest meeting attendance. No participation in ByLaws. Not fulfilling a single treasurer duty. Short of arranging a few minor payments. He was supposedly account for donations and was supposed to present something there months ago. I am sick of months going by and nothing happening. We are over half way into our terms, yet have only accomplished one goal. Reinstatement, which we did in March. What have we accomplished since March? ByLaws means nothing if the IRS revokes our NPO status. I am sick of people ignoring major tasks that need to be done yesterday. I have watched Joshua not do anything for months. I have no confidence in him going forward as a treasurer. Based 100% on his inaction. I don't care what he has done for Gentoo in the past. Today he is harming it by not completing necessary tasks. Nor being professional enough to recognize he lacks the time, and to pass it on to another. I have 0 tolerance for inaction. More so when I am bearing the weight of that inaction. Had Joshua done the bank leg work, I would feel different. But I did all the hard work. All that is needed now is ~30 minutes if that. Which he clearly does not have. Plus we still have tons of work once a bank account is opened. Like getting ~$40k or so form our old bank account. Might be only $20k or $30k but still. Or I can resign with Tom, and let others deal with the inaction. I am really sick of it all. If others want to wait on Joshua that's their call. But he has shown he does not give a crap for months now. We find and or make time for things that are priorities to us. Being busy at work is not a reason, that is an excuse. Plus if that's the case, resign. I am done on this topic. I will put forth a motion for a vote. If it's passed great. If not well not sure what then. But I have no interest in manning a sinking ship. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation