From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] What could the Gentoo Foundation do with money?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 00:01:32
1 For more of a fun thread. I am just going to list a bunch of ideas I
2 personally have had wrt to what Gentoo could do with money. They are not
3 listed in any particular order.
4
5 1. Provide all devs with a base development system
6 2. Sponsors devs to travel to events, seminars, summits, etc
7 3. Sponsors devs for educational purposes, certifications, college,
8 trade courses, etc
9 4. Hold an annual Gentoo Conference for all developers and users
10 5. Pay for infra services
11 6. Buy bitchen hardware and toys for infra
12 7. Buy new hardware to install/certify Gentoo on ( PS 4, new procs,
13 big iron, etc)
14 8. Increase schwag and freebie stuff to give away at events
15 9. Sponsors development via Gentoo summer of code, or fall, winter,
16 or spring summer of code
17 10. Donate/contribute to other projects and charities
18 11. Purchase membership for Gentoo in other foundations ( Gentoo
19 being a member of Gnome foundation, or etc )
20 12. Provide hardware to devs working on certain areas, device
21 drivers etc ( like buying a bunch of video cards for those
22 supporting binary drivers, or odd/expensive hardware )
23 13. Buy licenses to commercial apps so we can package and make
24 ebuilds available for them.
25 14. Provide FREE release media
26 15. Marketing and promotional materials ( flyers to hand out at
27 events, banners, booth displays, etc )
28
29 There are likely more, hopefully others will chime in on stuff I missed.
32 William L. Thomson Jr.
33 amd64/Java/Trustees
34 Gentoo Foundation