From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Gentoo Foundation Trustee Elections 2010
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 18:06:32
1 On 2010.03.07 16:15, Torsten Veller wrote:
2 > * Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>:
3 > > Also for the first time after this election, the membership will be
4 > > reduced according to bylaws http://xrl.us/oo447
5 >
6 > | The current determination of loss of interest is failure to vote in
7 > | two successive trustee elections.
8 >
9 > Just to get it right: This will be the first "election" used to
10 > determine the loss of interest (of non-devs members)? So nobody will
11 > have the membership terminated right after this election?
12 > --
13 > Regards
17 Torsten,
18
19 If there is no vote because the candidates are returned unopposed,
20 there is no basis for determining the loss of interest (of non-devs
21 members).
22
23 So my view is that the membership remains unchanged until the election
24 in 2011. I have not discussed this with the other trustees.
27 Regards,
28
29 Roy Bamford
30 (Neddyseagoon) an member of