From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.1 Place of Meetings
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 19:49:55
On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 13:37 -0600, RB wrote:
> > "All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend.. > > Meetings are conducted electronically and are held in #gentoo-trustees > > IRC channel on freenode.net." > > Although there would be much other pain and suffering in the world > should freenode disappear, you may want to 'lawyer' that language out
We just update the by laws to reflect the new meeting place.
> "All meetings must be openly available to the public to attend. > Meetings are conducted electronically and are held in a forum > designated by the trustees no less than X days in advance, normally to > be the #gentoo-trustees IRC channel on freenode.net" You don't want > to be legally liable for someone else's failure to maintain free > infrastructure.
If I am an outsider reading that. That still leaves some ambiguity, not a definitive. This is where it is, period. Also that might put some sort of 10 day announcement requirement on the board, even for regular meetings. Our entire infra is provided for free. So this liability of freenode going away and us losing our meeting place. While totally valid, is pretty moot in comparison to things that would effect the project much more. Like no freenode.net, forget trustee meetings. All #gentoo* channels are gone. Then what? Trustees losing their meeting place, would be the least of the concerns. -- William L. Thomson Jr. amd64/Java/Trustees Gentoo Foundation