From: Brent Baude <ranger@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nomination - Tom Gall
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:18:16
Fellow Gentoo team,

I would like to nominate Tom Gall aka tgall as a candidate for the
Gentoo Trustees election.  I will summarize a few of Tom's
qualifications but fully expect him to  elaborate now that his hat has
been thrown into the mix.  Tom is Senior Software Engineer with the LTC
at the IBM Corporation.  He has a reputation there as an extremely
competent leader in all areas of technology and specificly Linux.  Tom
is frequently involved with the Open Source advisory boards and is quite
knowledgeable in these areas.  The last few years, Tom has been leading
the IBM Embedded Linux team and was key in the building and sustainment
of that team.

As for his involvement in Gentoo, Tom is the ppc64 team lead.  He was
the primary figure in bringing Gentoo to ppc64.  He has been team lead
since the team's inception.  I do not have a barometer of how widely
known he is amongst the Gentoo community; I personally see this as
upside.  To me, Tom is not over committed to his Gentoo projects and
will therefore have the necessary time to invest in his Trustee
responsibilities.

Tom is married with two children and  is also the mayor of the town
where he lives (http://www.mantorville.com/).  So I can assure you he is
skilled at working amongst teams where consensus-driven decision making
is required.

Regards,

Brent