From: Brent Baude <ranger@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Trustee Nomination - Tom Gall
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:18:16
1 Fellow Gentoo team,
2
3 I would like to nominate Tom Gall aka tgall as a candidate for the
4 Gentoo Trustees election. I will summarize a few of Tom's
5 qualifications but fully expect him to elaborate now that his hat has
6 been thrown into the mix. Tom is Senior Software Engineer with the LTC
7 at the IBM Corporation. He has a reputation there as an extremely
8 competent leader in all areas of technology and specificly Linux. Tom
9 is frequently involved with the Open Source advisory boards and is quite
10 knowledgeable in these areas. The last few years, Tom has been leading
11 the IBM Embedded Linux team and was key in the building and sustainment
12 of that team.
13
14 As for his involvement in Gentoo, Tom is the ppc64 team lead. He was
15 the primary figure in bringing Gentoo to ppc64. He has been team lead
16 since the team's inception. I do not have a barometer of how widely
17 known he is amongst the Gentoo community; I personally see this as
18 upside. To me, Tom is not over committed to his Gentoo projects and
19 will therefore have the necessary time to invest in his Trustee
20 responsibilities.
21
22 Tom is married with two children and is also the mayor of the town
23 where he lives (http://www.mantorville.com/). So I can assure you he is
24 skilled at working amongst teams where consensus-driven decision making
25 is required.
28 Regards,
29
30 Brent
31
33 Scanned with Copfilter Version 0.84beta3a (ProxSMTP 1.6)
34 AntiVirus: ClamAV 0.91.2/5592 - Tue Jan 29 02:38:24 2008
35 by Markus Madlener @ http://www.copfilter.org
36 --
37 gentoo-nfp@l.g.o mailing list