From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation membership, take 2
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:20:33
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >
4 >>>Jochen Maes wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>>
7 >>>>>I second this, I also would like to see every candidate to create a
8 >>>>>nice page explaining why they think they should be a good trustee.
9 >>>>>It's good to know what people stand for.
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>Let's see. ... How about, "I stand for dealing with intellectual
13 >>>property issues and finances."
14 >>>
15 >>>I think this is a bad idea because what people stand for is largely
16 >>>irrelevant to a trustee's role, unless they actually have some position
17 >>>on the things the board really does rather than random stuff like, "I'm
18 >>>going to be the best trustee you've ever had because I'm so trusty."
19 >>>That successfully turns the whole thing into a political campaign too,
20 >>>which is annoying.
23 > On the other hand, what _could_ be useful is a simple background page on
24 > each candidate. Gentoo's getting so large that I'd guess a lot of people
25 > don't even know what other people do.
26
27 Yup, that would be a good thing to have!
30 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list
33 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
34 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operational Manager
35
36 ---
37 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
38 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
39
40 ramereth/irc.freenode.net