From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] fmmcore
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:49:14
On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 13:24 +0000, Roy Bamford wrote:

> Team, > > I would like to nominate fmccor to stand for the Gentoo Foundation as a > trustee. > > I know he can bring a wealth of non-technical knowledge to the position > and he has an interest in contributing to solving the problems the > Foundation faces. > > - -- > Regards, > > Roy Bamford > (NeddySeagoon) a member of > gentoo-ops > forum-mods > treecleaners >
Thanks for the kind words and display of confidence. I accept the nomination. I have been a Gentoo developer since 2004 April 14. (A bit of irony; my recruiter --- dmwaters --- indicated that I was coming on board about the same time as drobbins was leaving.) My signature line tells you what I do in Gentoo. For those who don't know, I am a lawyer and can read legal documents, talk with other lawyers, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot help directly with the issues facing us: (1) I am not licensed anywhere but Michigan (in the US); (2) I am not really qualified to handle matters related to corporate law; (3) I am definitely not qualified to handle anything to do with intellectual property (trademarks and copyrights and such). Regards, Ferris -- Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel)