From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Section 3.3. Special Meetings
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:37:00
1 On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 21:16 +0000, Ferris McCormick wrote:
4 > I believe we should establish a mailing list for foundation members
5 > only just to handle this sort of situation. Maybe something like
6 > foundation@g.o
7
8 Pretty sure this is it :) I thought about mentioning that, but then
9 that's just creating another list. When this one pretty much exists
10 already for that purpose. So it's mostly a matter of making sure those
11 on the member roster are also signed up to the -nfp mailing lists.
12
13 Granted some have stated they don't want to be members. But those that
14 are members. We can surely impose the requirement to be on -nfp. Almost
15 have direct control over that via infra :). Short of them removing
16 themselves, us adding them back, so on and so forth. :(
17
18 > I don't see how to do a petition --- perhaps my
19 > brain is numb by now --- but it would be a bit easier I think if we can
20 > do it.
21
22 Yeah, that's the ideal way to go for any group actions 10% or more of
23 the members would like to see the foundation take or act upon. Meeting
24 or not, but likely would be decided upon at a meeting. Indirect call for
25 a meeting either way.
26
27 But I am with you, I like to think of myself as creative. But have
28 little to no thoughts atm how we could go about an electronic petition.
29 What happens when I go into business mode from creative and
30 development :(
33 William L. Thomson Jr.
34 amd64/Java/Trustees
35 Gentoo Foundation