From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Trustee Nomination - Tom Gall
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:54:02
On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 14:43 -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote:
> William L. Thomson Jr. wrote: [Tue Jan 29 2008, 02:40:14PM CST] > > Um, didn't you re-nominate me with others earlier? :) > > You're not a nominee because you haven't accepted the nomination.
Just did it for the formality/technicality. If it's not clear that I accept it without having to state it, based on past posting and efforts so far. Maybe I shouldn't accept ;) BS stuff like this makes me kinda want to decline. If we repeat the nomination process again for what ever reason and I am re-nominated. I accept in advance ;) Can we move on already instead of stupid things like this :) Had the process been started a bit more officially and properly in the first place, we wouldn't be re-nominating and re-accepting.
> That said, I'm declining the nomination on my behalf. I'll be available > to help, but I can do that without being a Trustee.
That's to bad, but likely time wise is justified much less having already served a term. As long as you are around to help and advise when need be. Should be fine :) Ideally any past trustees, like the previous board. Would remain around and available as advisers to the existing board members if needed. -- William L. Thomson Jr. Gentoo/amd64/Java