From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: Trustee Nomination - Tom Gall
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:54:02
1 On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 14:43 -0600, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > William L. Thomson Jr. wrote: [Tue Jan 29 2008, 02:40:14PM CST]
3 > > Um, didn't you re-nominate me with others earlier? :)
4 >
5 > You're not a nominee because you haven't accepted the nomination.
6
7 Just did it for the formality/technicality. If it's not clear that I
8 accept it without having to state it, based on past posting and efforts
9 so far. Maybe I shouldn't accept ;) BS stuff like this makes me kinda
10 want to decline.
11
12 If we repeat the nomination process again for what ever reason and I am
13 re-nominated. I accept in advance ;) Can we move on already instead of
14 stupid things like this :)
15
16 Had the process been started a bit more officially and properly in the
17 first place, we wouldn't be re-nominating and re-accepting.
18
19 > That said, I'm declining the nomination on my behalf. I'll be available
20 > to help, but I can do that without being a Trustee.
21
22 That's to bad, but likely time wise is justified much less having
23 already served a term. As long as you are around to help and advise when
24 need be. Should be fine :)
25
26 Ideally any past trustees, like the previous board. Would remain around
27 and available as advisers to the existing board members if needed.
30 William L. Thomson Jr.
31 Gentoo/amd64/Java