From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Resigning from development role
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:49:34
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 11:48:49AM -0600, Daniel Robbins wrote:
> As of today, I am resigning from my development responsibilities for Gentoo. > This includes my role as Chief Architect and as manager of release > engineering. I am not appointing a replacement Chief Architect. For releng, > Zhen is doing an excellent job leading this effort and I would like him to > be able to continue his work in this area.
Daniel, You've always been the backbone of the Gentoo coördination and one of the leads that gave Gentoo just that extra touch of rapid development that we all know of Gentoo. I can understand some of the frustration you've gone through (albeit far from all), but you've helped Gentoo develop into what it is now; I and lots of developers with me would be very disappointed to stop seeing your contributions. In the light of recent happenings, please do consider keeping an eye on the overall progress and providing input (even without active development). You can call it "taking a break" or "decreasing activity", something most active developers do from time to time. Gentoo's been your child; you gave it birth and watched it grow. It learned from your experience and guidance. You recently gave Gentoo the first step in becoming a self-regulated entity by starting the NFP. This and all your contributions have been very well appreciated, by both users and developers. I can only hope that you keep an eye on your child. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good. (oo) Sven Vermeulen (__) http://www.gentoo.org Documentation & PR