Dear Gentoo Foundation members,
We've come again to that time of the year when we need to cast our
votes for the Foundation. The Gentoo Foundation is now opening an
election to fill the 2 seats in the Trustees that have reached the end
of their 2 years term, Mathew Summers (quantumsummers) and Robin H.
Johnson (robbat2), and for the seat filled by Joshua Jackson (tsunam)
as he has announced his retirement from the Trustees.
 - http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/msg_f31a0b92ad9c159ed42d4bf86879f91c.xml
 - http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/
The nomination period starts tomorrow, 20110211 0000UTC and lasts
until Thursday 20110310 2359 UTC. The election polls will be open from
Saturday 20110312 0000UTC to Friday 20110408 2359UTC. The elected
trustees will start their term after the results are published and
before their first meeting on April 17th.
The election officials for this election will be Patrick Lauer,
Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto and Alec Warner. All officials will
keep a daily presence in #gentoo-trustees and #gentoo-elections for
the duration of the election. You can reach all the officials for this
election at the elections alias.
The election officials will publish a page with all information about
this election that will be available from the Foundation Archives.
 - email@example.com
 - firstname.lastname@example.org
 - email@example.com
 - firstname.lastname@example.org
 - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/elections/trusteees/
To nominate a candidate, join the gentoo-nfp mailing list. Trustee
nominations are open to the public; voting is limited to eligible
voters. Send all your nominations, acceptances and feedback to the
gentoo-nfp list. Be sure to check if you're listed on the list of
members for this election.
 - http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml
 - http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-nfp/
 - http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/20110202_members_list.xml
If you're a current Gentoo Developer, to cast your vote for this
election you need to login to dev.gentoo.org and run the following
commands, in the specified order.
* votify --new trustees-201102 - This creates a new ballot in your homedir.
* Edit the .ballot-trustees-201102 file and rank the candidates in
the desired order of preference.
* Once you're sure, run votify --verify trustees-201102 to check
the validity of the ballot.
* If that goes through fine, the next and final step is to submit
your vote using votify --submit trustees-201102
* In case you're stuck, detailed help can be accessed by using
votify --help or feel free to drop by #gentoo-elections on IRC. If you
think you are eligible to vote, but cannot, please contact one of the officials.
* Grab a beer, have fun, sit back and enjoy the show ... till we
announce the results ;)
If you're not a current Gentoo Developer, please send your ballot to
the officials alias and don't forget to sign the email with your
gpg key on record in the Foundation member list.
I'd like to take this chance to warn all foundation members that since
the last Foundation Bylaws update, any member of the Foundation loses
his membership after not voting for 2 consecutive Foundation
elections. This means that any members that joined the Foundation
before the 2009 election and that didn't vote for that election will
lose their membership if they don't vote in this election.
If you have any doubts about this point, please contact the Trustees
or the election officials.
If you have any doubts about the election or any corrections to the
page and lists, contact the election officials.
PS - I take the full blame for the election being opened later than
expected, but I was out at FOSDEM and haven't got back home yet.
For the election officials,
Jorge Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) - jmbsvicetto at gentoo dot org
Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections