List Archive: gentoo-nfp
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Michael Cummings wrote: [Wed May 04 2005, 05:26:48AM CDT]
> (OFF LIST)
> I know we've bandied about the qualifications for being a trustee- but is
> there anything to look at that says what the trustee needs to do, what they
> are responsible for, etc., ie, what's involved if we sacrifice/volunteer
> ourselves :)
Um, probably http://foundation.gentoo.org and
http://archives.gentoo.org/ml/gentoo-trustees/ would be the best
sources of info.
Here's some things that the new trustees are probably going to have to
* Taxes for the Foundation's first year
* Other paperwork involving NM's corporation laws
* Possibly relocating the Foundation if we cannot satisfy the NM
* Deciding on whether we want a copyright transfer agreement for devs
* After the copyright transfer, if it ever happens, enforcement of
Gentoo IP violations.
* Voting on and enacting bylaws
* IRS filing
* Finding a new bank that can handle an account with access by US and
non-US citizens, while still being PayPal-friendly.
* Other things that I'm missing. Other current trustees feel free to
GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76