List Archive: gentoo-nfp
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Grant Goodyear wrote: [Tue May 03 2005, 02:05:23PM CDT]
> So, if you want the job of being a Gentoo Foundation trustee, send an
> e-mail to gentoo-nfp stating so. You might want to state why either in
> that e-mail or in your blog or some other place that's easy to find.
> Nominations will close at 9 May 2005, 23:59 UTC. Voting will then
> commence (assuming that we have everything in place by then!), and the
> polls will close at 23:59 UTC, 16 May 2005. If UTC is not your friend,
> then "date -u" just might be.
Okay, so it's time for me to self-nominate, as well.
Stuff done so far:
* Drafted bylaws
* Filed the Foundation's post-incorporation paperwork
* Set up netbank account
* Drafted not-yet-approved transfer agreement between Gentoo
Technologies and the Gentoo Foundation
* Solicted and drafted Foundation membership prerequisites
* Leading the voting effort for new trustees
Goals for the future:
* Find a new bank that can handle account access by US and non-US
* Look into relocating the Foundation, since NM law has a
* Favor sane licensing over actual copyright transfer
(The latter is controversial. Hey, everybody running should take a
stand on something controversial.)
If the above suffices, then please vote for me.
GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76