From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:49:25
1 Kito wrote:
2 >>> Finder can't open the dmg. ditto(1) doesn't seem to be able to cope
3 >>> with copying files either, so I switched back to cp -R which worked
4 >>> like a charm for me...
5 >
6 > Now that I think about it, I think thats on purpose. Finder mounts disk
7 > images with perms disabled by default, which would break most things in
8 > the chroot. IIRC the script also mounts volfs and devfs in the chroot
9 > which can only be done by root/admin.
10
11 This was a note on the howto where it says to copy over the pkg files
12 from the CD and XCode Tools. I had to do it with cp -R since ditto only
13 used a lot of CPU cycles and finally ended up writing everything to the
14 same file or something. Not really useful.
15
16 I can't toy with it any further as I decided to give my main system a
17 reinstall since I gave booting from my iPod a shot after a (clean)
18 reboot this afternoon and surprice surprice, it just booted fine off the
19 iPod proving to me the firewire stuff is hardware wise completely OK.
20 (The night before it caused me headaches and hard reboots again because
21 it just 'hangs' and stalls the complete system, making the iPod
22 unmountable, etc.)
23
24 Then software update on the iPod showed all kinds of security updates
25 and stuff that my main disk didn't get, even not when explicitly asking
26 for updates, so I guess I managed to borken a Tiger install... I never
27 succeeded in breaking my Jaguar install :/
28
29 So I'm waiting for the lengthy install phase to complete and ohw crap,
30 now I remember what I forgot... I didn't backup my system dirs, so I
31 have a fresh Gentoo setup to go through. Maybe I just only want the
32 chroots to be sure I won't screw anything again.
33
34 I'd like to have your Tiger script Kito ;)
35 --
36 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list