From: Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] Arch Testers, Fabian's Proposal, Election Details
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:41:52
1 For a while now, we've been thinking that iniviting a few of of our
2 leading bug-solvers to be ppc-macos arch testers would be great for
3 efficienty and all that jazz. What do you guys and girls think about
4 bringing some AT's on board (we want both official devs' and non-
5 offical-devs' opinions here). This would allow us developers to
6 tackle porting packages that don't work on ppc-macos out of the box,
7 and still get through the maze of "package foo works on ppc-macos"
8 bugs. This would also be a great way to quickly address some of the
9 QA problems Fabian mentioned in his recent post about a testing
10 system, as well as a good way to get to know some promising-looking
11 dev candidates.
12
13 On that note, we were both happy to see Fabian's proposal hit the
14 mailing list, as well as the openness with which it was greeted.
15 Please keep all of us on this ML posted with the catalyst on ppc-
16 macos port progress.
17
18 In terms of the elections for Gentoo for Mac OS X project leads that
19 we discussed in previous threads, since there have been no other
20 nominations, are there any objections to us taking the positions and
21 getting to work on the points we mentioned in our candidacy e-mail?
22 Please let us know one way or another. Alternatively, if anyone wants
23 to throw in a last-minute candidacy pitch, please do so now! If no
24 one objects or announces candidacy within a week, we'll make an
25 announcement on -dev and change the project page as necessary.
29 Hasan Khalil && Lina Pezzella
30 eBuild and Porting Co-Leads
31 Gentoo for Mac OS X

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature