From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status & KDE for Gentoo OS/X
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 06:46:11
Sylvain OBEGI wrote:
> Okay, haven't seen any mention of alt on this list, I suppose someone > will keep us updated once any decision is made
> Ouch, ok. I wish there was some link on the standard install docs page > because I can't imagine people non-familiar with gentoo.org structure to > be able to find that one. Thanks for the info anyway
Your ideas about visibility are 'healty', but given the state of the project, we rather not get too much attention. Once we feel we have solved some major problems which enable lots of other things, I guess we'd like to increase our visibility and create some awareness among the users.
>> I gather that qt works under ~ppc-macos... maybe you should try to >> build some of the other deps as well. > > Okay, so I guess noboby really tried it. I asked before trying by myself > because it's long to compile, and I saw on a KDE on OS/X guide > mentionned on /. and OSNews some days ago that it was better to not use > Apple X11 (but it was fink packages, so maybe it's different here). > Anyway, I'll try and report any problems, if someone ever want to tackle > them.
Well, everything which is ~ppc-macos or ppc-macos keyworded has a chance of working. Everything else might also work, have a bug or just nobody before looked into it. Like Finn said, if you are interested in (parts of) KDE, you are encouraged to experiment yourself and find out how far you can get, and eventually report you efforts back to us via bugs and/or comments/questions on this list. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list