From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status & KDE for Gentoo OS/X
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 06:46:11
1 Sylvain OBEGI wrote:
2 > Okay, haven't seen any mention of alt on this list, I suppose someone
3 > will keep us updated once any decision is made
4
5 2005-09-27 13:20 a message by flameeyes was sent on the gentoo-alt list.
6
7 > Ouch, ok. I wish there was some link on the standard install docs page
8 > because I can't imagine people non-familiar with gentoo.org structure to
9 > be able to find that one. Thanks for the info anyway
10
11 Your ideas about visibility are 'healty', but given the state of the
12 project, we rather not get too much attention. Once we feel we have
13 solved some major problems which enable lots of other things, I guess
14 we'd like to increase our visibility and create some awareness among the
15 users.
16
17 >> I gather that qt works under ~ppc-macos... maybe you should try to
18 >> build some of the other deps as well.
19 >
20 > Okay, so I guess noboby really tried it. I asked before trying by myself
21 > because it's long to compile, and I saw on a KDE on OS/X guide
22 > mentionned on /. and OSNews some days ago that it was better to not use
23 > Apple X11 (but it was fink packages, so maybe it's different here).
24 > Anyway, I'll try and report any problems, if someone ever want to tackle
25 > them.
26
27 Well, everything which is ~ppc-macos or ppc-macos keyworded has a chance
28 of working. Everything else might also work, have a bug or just nobody
29 before looked into it. Like Finn said, if you are interested in (parts
30 of) KDE, you are encouraged to experiment yourself and find out how far
31 you can get, and eventually report you efforts back to us via bugs
32 and/or comments/questions on this list.
36 Fabian Groffen
37 Gentoo for Mac OS X
38 --
39 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list