From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] status update for this week
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:25:15
On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:52 AM, Grobian wrote:

>> I'm not quite shure about the internals of OS X, but how different is >> Darwin (or Opendarwin, whatever is left of it) from OS X + Devtools? > > I think the biggest (visual) difference is that you don't have the > Aqua > display manager.
Of course, but darwin runs on x86, it is available as open source and apples gcc and other stuff is available as open source too. Would it be possible to install darwin for example in vmware and use it to test x86-macos? Maybe some kind of stage tarball for darwin an dsome precompiled standard tools could be created or something like that. Philipp -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list