From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] status update for this week
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 15:52:54
1 On 06-09-2006 11:20:26 +0200, Grobian wrote:
2 > I updated some stuff in the tree, and I hope to have a running x86 linux
3 > system again (with Vim 7!) at the end of the week... but no promises!
4
5 Ok, I MADE IT! Hehehe.... both system and world emerged, updated lots
6 of packages to their latest versions, and squashed a lot of bugs.
7
8 In particular:
9 - gcc-config and binutils-config now work with prefix (i.e. they allow
10 to switch/set compiler/linker, wrappers know about prefix)
11 - I think I finally "got it right" with the toolchain (diffs are more
12 minimal now)
13 - everything is committed to the prefix (svn) tree
14
15 I did everything on my amd athlon64 dual core machine (greatly speeds up
16 the process :)) running Fedora Gore 5, no-multilib (or at least that was
17 the intention, maybe I failed and do have multilib now).
18 The package.provided profile I have to check in somewhere, I think I'm
19 gonna make subdirs in the profile directory under the right
20 architecture.
23 Fabian Groffen
24 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
25 --