From: dirk.schoenberger@×××××××××.de
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Followup to: The road ahead?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:02:31
1 > On 27-11-2005 19:51:04 +0100, dirk.schoenberger@×××××××××.de wrote:
2 >> - emerge gnustep-make compiles cleanly on ~ppc-macos. I used 1.100-r2
3 >> (1.10.1-pre20050312-r1 is package masked) I used USE="layout-osx-like"
4 >> - I compiled gnustep-make-1.11.1 manually into local hierarchy /gnustep.
5 >> Compile, make make install runs fine.
6 >> - Using one of both environments (not quite sure which) I build
7 >> renaissance 0.8, the latest version I found to download.
8 >> Building is just "source"-ing the the correct environment
9 >> XXX/Makefiles/GNUStep.sh, make and make install
10 >> Which went without problems.
11 >>
12 >> So I assume at least a basic ebuild could be created.
13 >
14 > There is an renaissance ebuild in gnustep-libs/renaissance. Did that
15 > one fail?
18 I looked at the ebuild, but it did rather strange and complicated things
19 (more than I think was needed)
20 After that and your last remarks about the check for objective-c in the
21 e-class, I did not continue working with the ebuild.
22
23 I don't want to keep the whole gnustep on my system, I have a working
24 substitute already, thank you very much ;)
25
26 Regards
27 Dirk
28 --