From: Nathan <nathan.stocks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Taking a break
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 19:48:14
1 Your presence will be missed.
2
3 ~ Nathan
4
5 On 9/5/05, Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o> wrote:
6 > We feel as though it's a good time to take a break from the project
7 > for a bit. As such, we'll not be responsive on this list, IRC, etc.
8 > for some time. Should anyone need to contact us urgently, we will
9 > still (kinda) check our e-mail, so just e-mail us directly (and flag
10 > the message as 'important' or throw 'URGENT' in the subject line).
11 >
12 > We also won't be handling any more of the administrative work for the
13 > project that we have been in the past. Someone (or the entire rest of
14 > the team) should probably pick up the slack, although there's
15 > obviously nobody to enforce that. It's not something that we terribly
16 > enjoy, and goes more or less unappreciated. Like everyone else, upon
17 > return, we'll fall back to going after personal goals within the
18 > project that happen to interest us.
19 >
20 > Should the consensus on arch testers (or whatever you want to call
21 > people who test unstable/unkeyworded packages and provide proper bug
22 > reports, etc.) change, someone should let Mike (shootingstar), as I
23 > think that all of us agree that he's a wonderful candidate as an arch
24 > tester and future dev.
25 >
26 > We have asked devrel to remove the recruitment message, as we won't
27 > be managing recruitment anymore.
28 >
29 > We're not leaving the project just yet. Again, we just feel it's a
30 > good time for us to take a bit of a breather.
31 >
32 > Thanks.
33 >
34 > --