From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Portage 2.1.6 issues on linux...
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:25:34
Hi all,

have just installed 2.1.6 on a rhel-as4 for interest, though won't have
time yet to do real work on it - however, some cents from me:

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 19:04 -0600, Kito wrote:
<snip>
> > ROOTPATH=/path/to/bash:/path/to/gcc:$PATH
for bash, i quickly did a softlink: PREFIX/usr/bin/bash -> /bin/bash
> Another hack I thought of was autoconf'ing make.globals and use > macros to find the paths to all tools needed > (gcc,ld,as,ar,findutils,etc.etc.). This should make getting portage > running very easy on most systems.
In my first implementation, i did some similar in isolated-functions.sh: For each coreutil/diffutil/findutil/grep/patch i added a shell-wrapper-function, which calls the real executable with an absolute path identified by configure, having some fallbacks if configured paths are out of date. Setting a PATH to them might be the better idea for the toolchain, but having a bash-function xargs(), calling '/path/to/gxargs -r' (identified by configure), 'xargs -r' or 'xargs' (as fallbacks) instead of having a variable $XARGS looks also nice to me... Same for egrep ('grep -E', 'egrep'), fgrep and others... Well, the xargs() function will work for 'find | xargs', but fex egrep() will not work within 'find -exec egrep {} \;' ... Also for bash and python i used autoconf'd '@CU_BASH@' and '@PYTHON@' (substituted while installing) in the first line of the scripts. -- haubi -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list