From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] User account management
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:46:40
Hi,

In the past, I had already some implementation for that, where
enewuser()/enewgroup() in case of not being root (uid zero) used some
'root.sh' file, containing real commands for the target-userland to be
executed by real-root, as well as easy-to-parse comments containing the
arguments of previous enewuser/enewgroup calls.

What was missing there: to empty the file once it was executed by
real-root user, because i had no need yet to really add the users as i
did not need to start some daemons installed from prefix-portage yet.

But i needed this temporary "passwd-database" to have egetent()
recognize not-yet-physically-executed enewuser() calls in addition to
real getent-calls.

In the attached 'eutils.eclass' look for access to file
'var/spool/emerge/doasroot' and calls to edoasroot().

-- haubi
PS: I'm happy to be back again to prefix-portage, currently trying to
get some portage-alt-prefix packages to fly on x86-redhat-linux.

-- Michael Haubenwallner SALOMON Automation GmbH Forschung & Entwicklung A-8114 Friesach bei Graz mailto:michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at http://www.salomon.at No HTML/MIME please, see http://expita.com/nomime.html -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list