From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Cc: interix-wgcc-developer@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX on Cygwin
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:17:07
Hi,

I'm wondering that cygwin has fixed the hyperthreading-related bug[1],
only occurring on Windows >= XP, not until Win2000.
Well, there are some more recent posts on the list with some patches to
the cygwin-dll, but did not really find it fixed.

Well, facing this problem, and some others which seems that M$
implements things to prevent cygwin working on newer Windows-versions,
we have switched to Interix now - planning to use portage on Interix,
with wgcc[2] as 'cross-compiler' to produce native win32 executables.

[1] http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-10/msg00610.html
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/interix-wgcc

-- haubi