From: Nimish Pachapurkar <npac@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o, patrick@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:48:53
Thanks for offering help. Here are some of my problems:

1. First of all under cygwin, any path that has two slashes at the
beginning is treated as a network path. So the seemingly harmless "root
+ portage_consts.EPREFIX" thingy fails with error message "No such
hostname or network path: //opt/cyg-prefix". I worked around that by
changing root from "/" to "/cygdrive/c/cygwin_root".

2. Secondly, emerge is not able to generate dependency cache for the
system. I have two overlays in my tree and all I can see under
var/cache/edb is those two empty directories (plus the normal base
portage one). When I run emerge with --debug and --regen options, I get
this error for each ebuild file in the tree:
aug_get(): (0) Error in sys-devel/gcc-config-1.3.12-r4.ebuild (1)
                Check for syntax error or corruption in the ebuild

3. Same error is raised when I try to run "ebuild" command on any of the
ebuilds with any option. At present, I am trying to trace through the
ebuild/emerge code to see what is going wrong. I have a feeling that
somewhere the root is getting set back to "/" or something like that.

If any of these error messages mean anything to you, please throw some
light.

Thanks,
- Nimish