From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] OSX version
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:47:15
Finn Thain wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Grobian wrote: > >>> I would like to point out that we have the potential for all the same >>> kinds of issues as a merged x86/amd46 team would have, regarding >>> binary incompatibility and keywording. Not the the extent of that >>> team, but difficulties none the less. >> I agree, but this problem should to a certain extend be solved by using >> portage provided versions of programs yet supplied by the OS. I >> personally think that for now we can get away with primarily looking at >> OSX Tiger. > > I'm curious, is this really a binary compatibility issue, or just a > portability problem in libsigsegv?
I hadn't read it like that. I understood it more like a general point being made. libsigsegv seems to be known with Darwin7, not with 8. The model in Darwin8 is different, and supports POSIX sigsegv stuff where Darwin7 needs some Darwin7 specific code, apparently like Darwin5 did. To me, this package just works on both Panther and Tiger, but it could have been that it wouldn't on one of them. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list