From: Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 05:41:44
On Jul 31, 2005, at 24:28, Kito wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2005, at 12:05 AM, Hasan Khalil wrote: > >> Seriously, though, I wouldn't say that installing/using Gentoo for >> Mac OS X would void any support requests. All of your points >> stand, but I just think that your 'semantics' are a bit harder >> than the reality. :) > > Tell an apple support rep you have installed custom software in / > System and /usr and let me know the response ;) hint: have your OS > X install media handy
Been there, done that. They didn't say anything about having to reinstall. To tell the truth, they treated me better once they knew I wasn't another Dumb User(tm). Only done it once, though, so I may have just been lucky. Please share any relevant personal experiences you have.
> As a side note...I've been poking around the portage cvs, and its > very repo agnostic...do you think the fink and DP folks will get > upset when we start emerging fink and DP ports? ;)
Not sure I understood you correctly. Do you mean to say that we'd be able to use fink and DP repos and have portage understand them? Obviously, using their repos would be pretty useless for the most part, but it'd still be an interesting exercise in abuse of portage features. -- Hasan Khalil eBuild and Porting Co-Lead Gentoo for Mac OS X

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature