From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] OSX version
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:12:40
That ebuild is wrong.  For ppc-macos is calls ./configure instead of
econf, and I know why, because configure appears to hang in a loop if
you use econf.  After I 'fixed' this problem make ran without problems
on Tiger for me.

I checked in my simplification/correction of the ebuild plus the patch
that simply removes Darwin5 support from configure, because it hangs on
Darwin8.  I think it hangs on Darwin7 too, but since there is a separate
check for Darwin7 this is never tested.  Darwin8 has POSIX compliance at
this point.

Let me know if it yields in any problems for you, Nick.

-- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list