From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Back to trying PREFIX on Linux
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:51:57
1 On Mar 2, 2006, at 7:52 PM, Marcin Gabrowski wrote:
4 > I tried to eliminate constant value of PREFIX in .pkg on OSX. I
5 > thing, that good way export this variable is exporting its as
6 > system env, not in file.
7 > Default pkg installs Gentoo in /Library/Gentoo, which in not exacly
8 > what I want.
9
10 I don't think you will get very far operating on that pkg as all the
11 binaries will end up with corrupt install_names. When bootstrapping
12 from source, you can of course choose an arbitrary prefix. That being
13 said, there should be a way to take advantage of darwins flexible
14 dyld and even make the install_names relative to allow for drag-n-
15 drop installation of binary pkgs to arbitrary locations(think how
16 many cocoa apps are distributed). Haven't figured out the cleanest
17 way to do this quite yet, but will most likely involved portage
18 looping over the files and making sure all install_names are relative
19 before merging to the livefs.
22 --Kito
28 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list