From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install.
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:22:07
On 21-03-2006 11:05:22 -0800, m h wrote:
> Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't > see it in the ebuilds....
Yep sure I do! I believe it had to do with my install of GCC. There was a problem somewhere, but I don't recall anymore what. Let me do a quick google. You say you emerged GCC, are you sure it is using it? The stack protector stuff needs a patch, and I think it's in the Gentoo one. I think now I now again what the problem is. You emerged Gentoo gcc, but you're not using it, because: to use a Gentoo compiler, you need eselect-gcc or something. And for that to emerge, you need a lot of packages, including the compiler. So, what you need to do, is setup yourself the basic symlinks to the Gentoo compiler, instead of the files you installed manually. I remember I made a bunch of symlinks to the Gentoo gcc, and then it worked flawlessly. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list