From: "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] WxWidgets (Aqua libs)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:27:26
1 > > Any chance to get a virtual/wx which I can package.provide against?
2 > Difficult, as it requires to decide at build time which wx to use, see
3 > wxwindows (or was it wxwidgets) eclass.
4
5 > You'd have to overlay the eclass and the packages building against it.
6
7 If I look at the eclass (provided that I found the correct one ;)
8 it seems that there are some conceptual problems. In the ebuild you can
9 specify which backend you (as ebuild developer I suppose)
10 want want to use, while you still have to link against the correct "backend"
11 libraries.
12
13 Would it be possible that you could use a (cross platform) wxwidgets package
14 where the actual libraries to be used are calculated in the eclass.
15 Possibly I am completely off her ;)
16 A package like wxPython which explicitly depends on WxGTK is not really
17 helpfull for a cross platform library...
18
19 Regards
20 Dirk
23 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list