From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install.
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:50:54
1 On 3/21/06, Kito <kito@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mar 21, 2006, at 1:21 PM, Grobian wrote:
4 >
5 > > On 21-03-2006 11:05:22 -0800, m h wrote:
6 > >> Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't
7 > >> see it in the ebuilds....
8 > >
9 > > Yep sure I do!
10 > >
11 > > I believe it had to do with my install of GCC. There was a problem
12 > > somewhere, but I don't recall anymore what. Let me do a quick google.
13 > >
14 > > You say you emerged GCC, are you sure it is using it? The stack
15 > > protector stuff needs a patch, and I think it's in the Gentoo one. I
16 > > think now I now again what the problem is.
17 > >
18 > > You emerged Gentoo gcc, but you're not using it, because:
19 > > to use a Gentoo compiler, you need eselect-gcc or something. And for
20 > > that to emerge, you need a lot of packages, including the compiler.
21 >
22 > Looking at your emerge info, it looks like DEFAULT_PATH has other
23 > stuff before the prefixed paths. This will of course have the host os
24 > gcc found before the portage version(s). Figure out where the
25 > additional path entries are getting prepended and it might work.
28 Thanks for the response Kito. I don't actually have gentoo gcc
29 installed (yet, it's going as I type). I prepended the PATH stuff
30 after exg mentioned that in IRC yesterday. I'll move it back to the
31 end of DEFAULT_PATH.
32
33 Thanks for the hint.
34