From: Cap'n Hector <me@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Some Introduction
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 05:57:22

AFAIK, Apple only changes the .pkg format on major releases. Looking over the release history of Pacifist ( http://www.versiontracker.com/ dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12743 ), it appears that he only needs to update package handing for major releases. While it's not perfect, it does keep stuff simpler. You should also be able to hook into the installer command-line utility and need to use fewer wrappers. Cap'n Hector -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list