From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] SUCCESS!!! system installed
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 03:48:24
On Mar 22, 2006, at 6:32 PM, m h wrote:

> During a freak reversal of magnetic poles, the latest prefix code was > able to emerge the base system! > > It involved doing everything previously mentioned in this week's > spam thread. > To get around the gcc issue, gcc3.3.6 was installed.
Ok, so we'll bump the gcc versions in the prefix tree. I'd like to 4.x in there anyway as well.
> > The next issue was complaints about "-fno-stack-protector" available > on gcc. The was no gcc binary in $PREFIX, so I resolved this by > adding a gcc symlink in $PREFIX to ${PREFIX}/usr/bin/gcc-3.3.6.
This should be solved by using gcc-config, which sets the appropriate symlinks. Its probably broken in prefix though, haven't tested it yet.
> > I hit the missing libpython2.4.so issue again, so I added > ${PREFIX}/usr/lib/ to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Hmm, so Diego was right...this obviously needs to be fixed. did running env-update work as expected?
> > That along with a few ebuild foo.ebuild digest, and manually > downloading a few tarballs and putting them in distfiles allowed me to > finish emerge -av system.
Why the manual downloads?
> > Next task, get apache working. Stay tuned.... > > -matt > > ps - thanks a lot for your help grobian and kito! >
No problem at all, thanks for testing ;). Glad you finally got it working, hopefully we can get the bootstrap script working well enough to make this not as tedious/trial-and-error. --Kito -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list