From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Documentation Update
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:11:51
1 Hasan Khalil wrote:
2 > Anything else? Keep it coming. :)
3
4 Yes:
5
6 |In order to install Gentoo for Mac OS X, you must have the following
7 |software already installed:
8 |
9 | * Mac OS 10.3 or later
10 | * XCode Tools 1.2 or later
11
12 I've been messing with my Panther and came to the conclusion that XCode
13 1.0 shipped with the installation CD misses a lot of tools. Hence I
14 would propose to require the latest and greatest for both supported
15 platforms:
16
17 * Mac OS 10.3 (Panther)
18 * XCode Tools 1.5
19
20 or
21
22 * Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger)
23 * XCode Tools 2.1
24
25 Reason for requiring 2.1 is that some linker bugs are solved in 2.1 that
26 are apparent in 2.0, and gcc-4 is upstream compatible. Requiring XCode
27 1.5 on Panther is good for getting ant 1.6.1 which is fairly decent IMHO.
31 Fabian Groffen
32 eBuild && Porting
33 Gentoo for Mac OS X
34 --