From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install.
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:30:40
1 On 3/21/06, Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 21-03-2006 11:05:22 -0800, m h wrote:
3 > > Has anyone else ran into this? I'm not setting this flag and don't
4 > > see it in the ebuilds....
5 >
6 > Yep sure I do!
7 >
8 > I believe it had to do with my install of GCC. There was a problem
9 > somewhere, but I don't recall anymore what. Let me do a quick google.
10 >
11 > You say you emerged GCC, are you sure it is using it? The stack
12 > protector stuff needs a patch, and I think it's in the Gentoo one. I
13 > think now I now again what the problem is.
14 >
15 > You emerged Gentoo gcc, but you're not using it, because:
16 > to use a Gentoo compiler, you need eselect-gcc or something. And for
17 > that to emerge, you need a lot of packages, including the compiler.
18 >
19 > So, what you need to do, is setup yourself the basic symlinks to the
20 > Gentoo compiler, instead of the files you installed manually.
21 >
22 > I remember I made a bunch of symlinks to the Gentoo gcc, and then it
23 > worked flawlessly.
26 Thanks, I was putting gcc in package provided because the the
27 requirement for libstdc++ wasn't provided (there was no ebuild!). So
28 now I'm putting an ebuild in and will try again.
29
30 -matt
33 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list