From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Tool to add EAPI="prefix"
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:24:36
1 Hi matt!
2
3 Could you perhaps also do the
4 "make DESTDIR=${D} install" -> "make DESTDIR=${EDEST} install"
5 trick in your script? That would make it probably perfect for a lot
6 ebuilds...
7
8 I like the idea!
11 On 15-05-2006 09:46:09 -0700, m h wrote:
12 > Folks-
13 >
14 > I've hacked together some portage code to add new ebuilds to a prefixed
15 > overlay.
16 >
17 > The idea is to be able to migrate existing ebuilds to prefix by:
18 >
19 > * finding the latest version of the ebuild
20 > * copying it into an overlay
21 > * add EAPI="prefix"
22 > * update the digest
23 >
24 > It has some bugs, but if there is interest in this I can clean it up
25 > and release it to others. (Obviously not all ebuilds will "just work"
26 > with this hack, but it should remove some of the monotony of adding
27 > ebuild that just require on this (lots of java ones for example)).
28 >
29 > -matt
33 Fabian Groffen
34 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project