From: Nick Dimiduk <ndimiduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] porting maxos port to posix (ala openpkg)
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:25:30
1 To re-direct you one more time, maybe have a look over at the
2 gentoo-portage-dev list. That's where portage development happens. We
3 just use it. :)
4
5 We are in the process of making gentoo's portage work on osx as a
6 secondary package manager (as you put it earlier). We ideally use / as
7 the root. Much of what we've push into portage mainline (as bug
8 reports) has to do with using POSIX versions of tools rather than the
9 gnu versions. This has to do with portage code as well as ebuilds
10 themselves. the gentoo/bsd group also does this with their work. Both
11 of our projects are focused on getting portage running on non-linux
12 systems. There was talk of gentoo/open solaris as well.
13
14 I don't think I fully understand what you're looking for, but I hope you
15 find it :)
16
17 Cheers,
18 -Nick Dimiduk