From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Prefix tree locaiton
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 09:20:59
Ok, some update on the GIT stuff.  Linus needs to work a bit on GIT, I
think.  It is so slow that for our tree it easily takes three days to
commit or update something.  So no go.  End of success story.  So I went
doing it manually again.

I updated the prefixed portage snapshot to the lastest svn version,
which includes at least two fixes for unpriviledged users.  I included
an ebuild in the prefixed tree, for those who want to know where the
source is:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~grobian/prefix-portage-2.1.13.4415.tar.bz2
(I couldn't come up with something more creative...)

I updated some stuff in the tree, and I hope to have a running x86 linux
system again (with Vim 7!) at the end of the week... but no promises!