From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Back to trying PREFIX on Linux
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 00:03:25
Hi Matt, good to see you back ;)

On Mar 2, 2006, at 5:49 PM, m h wrote:

> I haven't really been working on PREFIX in the last 2 months. I'm > going to be giving it a go on Linux again. > > I'm assumming the latest code can be found on the links here: > http://gentoo-wiki.com/index.php?title=Portage-prefix >
Yes, those links should be current. I'll will be doing an updated portage tarball sometime this weekend.
> Has anyone else been trying prefix on Linux recently?
Yeah, I started running it on my ppc/linux machine. The strict path handling from before is now optional, so bootstrapping should be a lot easier if you want to use the host systems toolchain. Still haven't committed proper profiles for anything but os x yet though....SOON! The prefix tree should operate standalone now as well, so I now recommend setting it as your PORTDIR and not an overlay.
> For that matter > what is the status of PREFIX on Mac?
I've been a little busy with workwork, so I haven't spent too much time on it lately, but I did train a new dev who has been helping out. Mostly been squashing minor bugs and working on tools to aid development(repoman svn support, exg has started a bootstrap script) as opposed to adding a ton of additional ebuilds. --Kito -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list