From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:27:03
1 On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 21:20 +0200, Grobian wrote:
2 > On 06-09-2006 15:37:31 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
3 > With respect, but I think the reason we don't use toolbox is because I
4 > never got it to bootstrap anything :(
5
6 IIRC you did not manage to inform it where to download things from.
7 But it's ok for me to have a bootstrap-script in the tree, even i don't
8 plan to use it.
11 Well, here are the two portage patches for dynamically duping
12 environment values. Patch-Numbers fit into my previous mail containing a
13 bunch of other patches [1].
14
15 [06-env-conf+ext.patch]
16 Let portage create /etc/env.conf containing somewhat a dump of the
17 environment bits found in /etc/env.d/*, to be read by /sbin/extenv, see
18 below (the baselayout-prefix.ebuild).
19
20 [07-env-dup.patch]
21 Interpret variables PORTAGE_ENVDUP* found in /etc/env.d/*, to dupe
22 values from one environment variable to another. Example is to dupe
23 values from LDPATH to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH, see below
24 (the baselayout-linux.ebuild).
27 [baselayout-prefix-0.1.ebuild]
28 [baselayout-prefix-0.1_files.tar.gz]
29 Installs these (eprefix'ed) files:
30 /etc/profile
31 The entry point for this eprefix.
32 Utilizes /sbin/extenv to add values the environment.
33 It also sets up an alias 'eenv-clear', which sources /etc/unprofile,
34 to be able to remove all the environment values for this eprefix.
35 /sbin/extenv
36 Interprets /etc/env.conf and generates a list of shell commands (for
37 sh and csh) adding values to the environment.
38 /etc/unprofile
39 The exit point from this eprefix.
40 Also utilizes /sbin/extenv to remove values from the environment.
41 Also unaliases 'eenv-clear'.
42 /etc/env.d/98secondary
43 Contains values for PATH,ROOTPATH,LDPATH,... for this eprefix.
44 /var/spool/emerge/doasroot
45 Create it as empty file, currently not in use.
46 Intention is to collect commands from enewuser/enewgroup/... when
47 not run as real root (uid 0).
48
49 Additionally, two symlinks are created:
50 /sbin/functions.sh -> /usr/lib/portage/bin/isolated-functions.sh
51 /etc/init.d/functions.sh -> /sbin/functions.sh
52
53 I use /usr/lib/portage/bin/isolated-functions.sh because i did not know
54 better where to get those functions.sh from.
57 [baselayout-linux-0.1.ebuild]
58 Installs only one file:
59 /etc/env.d/99system
60 Only contains two lines:
61 PORTAGE_ENVDUP="LDPATH"
62 PORTAGE_ENVDUP_LDPATH="LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
63 This configures portage (with 07-env-dup.patch) to dupe collected
64 values from LDPATH into LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
65
66 Idea is to let make.profile symlink unmask different packages for hpux
67 and aix, to dupe LDPATH value into SHLIB_PATH and LIBPATH respectively.
68
69 Comments welcome!
70
71 [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.macosx/1080/focus=1080
72
73 -haubi-
74 --
75 Michael Haubenwallner SALOMON Automation GmbH
76 Forschung & Entwicklung A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
77 mailto:michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at http://www.salomon.at
78 No HTML/MIME please, see http://expita.com/nomime.html

06-env-conf+ext.patch text/x-patch
07-env-dup.patch text/x-patch
baselayout-prefix-0.1.ebuild text/plain
baselayout-prefix-0.1_files.tar.gz application/x-compressed-tar
baselayout-linux-0.1.ebuild text/plain