From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] porting maxos port to posix (ala openpkg)
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:28:03
1 On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 06:24:46PM -0400, Nick Dimiduk wrote:
2 > To re-direct you one more time, maybe have a look over at the
3 > gentoo-portage-dev list. That's where portage development happens. We
4 > just use it. :)
5 >
6 > We are in the process of making gentoo's portage work on osx as a
7 > secondary package manager (as you put it earlier). We ideally use / as
8 > the root. Much of what we've push into portage mainline (as bug
9 > reports) has to do with using POSIX versions of tools rather than the
10 > gnu versions. This has to do with portage code as well as ebuilds
11 > themselves. the gentoo/bsd group also does this with their work. Both
12 > of our projects are focused on getting portage running on non-linux
13 > systems. There was talk of gentoo/open solaris as well.
14 >
15 > I don't think I fully understand what you're looking for, but I hope you
16 > find it :)
17 openpkg is capable of prefix swiveling, what y'all are after- also is
18 what he's after.
19 ~harring