From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current installation method
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:53:35
1 On 27-01-2006 09:12:43 -0800, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > > Nope, it's related to the later portage tools dropping 'hardcoded
3 > > support' for OSX, that's why I haven't keyworded the newer version,
4 > > because it simply generates python stack traces for some tools (not
5 > > emerge), which I don't consider to be "good". It was deliberately not
6 > > fixed (sort of impossible), hence deliberately not keyworded by me.
7 >
8 > What tools?
9 > Granted, buttload of portage bugs (thus easy to miss something), but
10 > portage bundled tools should be forcing sys.path mangling.
11
12 Bug #113551
13
14 Problem is IMHO that on our current setup our shells don't get the stuff
15 from portage, because the shells don't come with the gentoo rc scripts.
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
21 --
22 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list