From: Finn Thain <fthain@××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Package testing -- Automated initiative
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:10:01
> > When everything goes fine, no email notification is being sent out. A > convenient log structure would, however, make it possible to see which > packages and USE-flag combinations successfully passed through. > Providing this log via a web-page would be a useful thing.
Would tinderbox help?
> - Comments are welcome, as well as expressions of worry on my mental state.
Good thinking! The chroot idea is a good one because the process lends itself to parallelism. That is, you might have one test box/chroot for, (maybe in order of importance) - unstable empty tree (all deps every time) - stable empty tree builds (same) - unstable cumulative tree builds - stable cumulative tree builds I see the last ones as being fairly important, because the cumulative (emerge -Du) trees will have the best throughput, for quicky finding any glaring, slap-forehead kind of bugs/bad keywords (i.e. low fruit). The cumulative tree machines would also be an efficient choice for your reverse-dependency idea (perhaps to only one level of indirection). -f -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list