From: Finn Thain <fthain@××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Package testing -- Automated initiative
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:10:01
2 > When everything goes fine, no email notification is being sent out. A
3 > convenient log structure would, however, make it possible to see which
4 > packages and USE-flag combinations successfully passed through.
5 > Providing this log via a web-page would be a useful thing.
6
7 Would tinderbox help?
8
9 > - Comments are welcome, as well as expressions of worry on my mental state.
10
11 Good thinking!
12
13 The chroot idea is a good one because the process lends itself to
14 parallelism. That is, you might have one test box/chroot for, (maybe in
15 order of importance)
16
17 - unstable empty tree (all deps every time)
18 - stable empty tree builds (same)
19 - unstable cumulative tree builds
20 - stable cumulative tree builds
21
22 I see the last ones as being fairly important, because the cumulative
23 (emerge -Du) trees will have the best throughput, for quicky finding any
24 glaring, slap-forehead kind of bugs/bad keywords (i.e. low fruit).
25
26 The cumulative tree machines would also be an efficient choice for your
27 reverse-dependency idea (perhaps to only one level of indirection).
28
29 -f
30 --
31 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list