From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Arch Testers, Fabian's Proposal, Election Details
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:20:42
Kito wrote:
> > On Aug 15, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Hasan Khalil wrote: > > Sounds like a good idea.
Arch testers are a good idea... It's pretty much work to compile packages and dive into them to test them in some decent way.
>> On that note, we were both happy to see Fabian's proposal hit the >> mailing list, as well as the openness with which it was greeted. >> Please keep all of us on this ML posted with the catalyst on ppc-macos >> port progress. > > Good to see Mom and Dad happy :p
on a short off-topic note on this comment: I don't care for now, but be aware not to make it really a Mom & Dad thing.
>> In terms of the elections for Gentoo for Mac OS X project leads that >> we discussed in previous threads, since there have been no other >> nominations, are there any objections to us taking the positions and >> getting to work on the points we mentioned in our candidacy e-mail? >> Please let us know one way or another. Alternatively, if anyone wants >> to throw in a last-minute candidacy pitch, please do so now! If no one >> objects or announces candidacy within a week, we'll make an >> announcement on -dev and change the project page as necessary. > > Sounds like you guys are going to do this regardless, so why wait a week?
1) I think I missed the point why it was more suitable to wait, kito can you explain (again?) 2) Also with respect to the off-topic comment above; is it really necessary to drag both of you two into this position thing? In the end -- that's my impression -- your 'influence' is being controlled by the amount of work you do. So I'd care for activity, not for who is the real boss. gonj0n is an easy word here, but I don't really think that is necessary. 3) can you come up with a short recap on the proposed filled in functions and changes within the team, just so everyone (me) is sure we talk about the same things. -- Fabian Groffen eBuild && Porting Gentoo for Mac OS X -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list