From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Portage 2.1.6 issues on linux...
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 01:05:40
On Mar 14, 2006, at 5:57 PM, m h wrote:

> This is probably configure issues... > > I'm installing portage 2.1.6 on RHEL4 using the following configure: > ./configure --prefix=${PREFIX} --with-user=`whoami` > --with-group=${GROUP} --sysconfdir=${PREFIX}/etc > --with-rootuser=`whoami` --with-rootuid=`id -u` > --with-offset-prefix=${PREFIX} > > After that I have a stab at a linux prefix profile that I link > etc/make.profile to. I also update etc/make.conf and add PREFIX to it > (and set PORTDIR=${PREFIX}/usr/portage). >
Ok, with that snapshot, you can try setting the ROOTPATH variable in make.conf something like: ROOTPATH=/path/to/bash:/path/to/gcc:$PATH That *might* work, but I was having trouble with it on solaris last night. exg and/or I are going to refactor the PATH handling again to make this work a little smoother. The variable name will change to just DEFAULT_PATH in the next snapshot ( hooray for disregarding backwards compatibility :p ) If that doesn't work, you can also try editing the DEFAULT_PATH line in portage.py directly. Another hack I thought of was autoconf'ing make.globals and use macros to find the paths to all tools needed (gcc,ld,as,ar,findutils,etc.etc.). This should make getting portage running very easy on most systems. --Kito -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list