From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] env.d; perl with collision-protect
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:59:01
1 On 19. Aug 2005, at 6:13 Uhr, Finn Thain wrote:
4 >> One of these issues is providing Gentoo's perl as the default when
5 >> `perl` is executed in interactive shells (bash, in my case). The
6 >> lovely
7 >> '/etc/env.d' structure lends itself to the sort of PATH mangling that
8 >> needs to be done, but there is one problem here. '/etc/profile.gentoo'
9 >> appends the PATH from '/etc/profile.env' to the existing PATH, rather
10 >> than inserting to the beginning of the existing PATH.
11 >
12 > This is consistent with the intent of collision-protect. People (users,
13 > ISVs) care about the behaviour of Apple's OS X. That is, they care
14 > about
15 > avoiding collisions in the file system only in as much it preserves
16 > that
17 > behaviour.
18
19 Why not provide something like perl_select (like apples gcc_select) or
20 perl-config? I use gcc_select to switch between apples gcc and gnat for
21 OS X.
22
23 Philipp
26 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list