From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] SheBang script
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:51:45
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 >> The problem with these kinds of scripts is that their portability is not
3 >> really assured. I dubbed whether I would write a quick C version, but
4 >> again I stumbled upon the portability question and decided not to do so,
5 >> because portage, as inner core of Gentoo, should be as much as possible
6 >> unaffected by environmental differences. Python is (like Java) a
7 >> solution to that. So, ultimately, this script should be rewritten in
8 >> Python.
9 > module, not script is prefered.
10
11 As I said, I'm a python illiterate :)
12
13 > Assuming I actually finish triggers and they don't suck, it'll be a
14 > passing the func in, not exec'ing a strict.
15
16 hmmm... sounds good. For my understanding, does it mean that the func
17 could be executed based on (trigger) conditions, like ppc-macos or
18 PREFIX != "/", pref.userWantsSheBang == True or something like that?
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo for Mac OS X
24 --
25 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list