From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] SUCCESS!!! system installed
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:41:55
On 3/23/06, Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
> On 23-03-2006 04:14:17 +0000, m h wrote: > > On 3/23/06, Kito <kito@g.o> wrote: > > > > To get around the gcc issue, gcc3.3.6 was installed. > > > > > > Ok, so we'll bump the gcc versions in the prefix tree. I'd like to > > > 4.x in there anyway as well. > > > > This was NOT a version bump. The version in the tree was 3.4.4... > > ... which works fine on amd64 here... > > (Ok, I screwed it up, but that's my own fault.) > > I do have a question though. > > Did you install binutils, gcc, linux-headers and glibc from portage now? > The current stuff appears to work, but I think it has some paths set > wrong, therefore using still headers from / instead of ${PREFIX}.
I've installed everything but glibc.
> > I'm on a fix here, if I can get my gcc recompiled (I screwed up the > linker: ${PREFIX}/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory) >
I'm actually having linker issues with apache. For some reason it is trying to look for libz in /lib instead of ${PREFIX}/usr/lib (even though I've told apache that's the location of zlib). Even when I compile a simple c program that includes zlib.h /* end confdefs.h. */ #include <zlib.h> int main () { int i = Z_OK; ; return 0; } Compile it: gcc -o foo -O2 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -pthread -I. -L/data1/tmp/Mar21/usr/lib foo.c -lz I get: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find /lib/libz.so collect2: ld returned 1 exit status Very weird.....
gcc is the only symlink (for binaries) I have right now. Maybe that's indicative of the linker problem...
I've installed prefix bash.
Stuck on the linker issue right now.... -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list