From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:19:21
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 06:00:25PM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
> A progressive system should be able to use ppc-macos ebuilds. But, if the > ppc-macos people only want to support a pure Apple root domain (the one > with prefix /), then progressive work cannot come under alt/macos, and has > to be a seperate alt/darwin project with its own "ppc-darwin" keyword.
Sounds like it...
> IMHO trying to define progressive or conservative would be futile until we > get to play with the portage rewrite (domains and prefixes).
Not completely agree on this. It's nice for me to know what the others consider 'progressive' to mean, as I now see it as a "shut-up with your collision-protect crap and just do it" profile, which I am for sure not interested in, nor see the use of at the moment. I like to see the big picture of things where possible. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list