From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:19:21
1 On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 06:00:25PM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
2 > A progressive system should be able to use ppc-macos ebuilds. But, if the
3 > ppc-macos people only want to support a pure Apple root domain (the one
4 > with prefix /), then progressive work cannot come under alt/macos, and has
5 > to be a seperate alt/darwin project with its own "ppc-darwin" keyword.
6
7 Sounds like it...
8
9 > IMHO trying to define progressive or conservative would be futile until we
10 > get to play with the portage rewrite (domains and prefixes).
11
12 Not completely agree on this. It's nice for me to know what the others
13 consider 'progressive' to mean, as I now see it as a "shut-up with your
14 collision-protect crap and just do it" profile, which I am for sure not
15 interested in, nor see the use of at the moment. I like to see the big
16 picture of things where possible.
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead
21 --
22 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list