From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] status update for this week
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:11:15
1 Thanks all for the support. I'm very happy to be able to tell that I
2 was able to emerge system on my OSX box (ppc) as well. I bumped the
3 apple-gcc to the latest version (not even in Tiger) and applied some
4 patches here and there. Most of it just worked. I updated the wiki
5 that the perl issue is no longer there. At least, it worked for me with
6 the latest versions and stuff.
7
8 At the moment Vim 7 compilation is smoking my CPU, which is a nice sign
9 that prefix works!
10 I'm very very interested to see if we can get this prefix stuff to work
11 on x86-macos too. It would require some keywording, but in principle
12 not too much hassle, I'd say. Unfortunately I don't have an x86 OSX
13 box, so you'll have to help me there.